People always want to make the new year better than the last, but it can be difficult to decide exactly what you should commit to, so we’ve come up with a few new year’s resolution ideas for truckers.
- One of the most popular new year’s resolutions is to create healthier routines, whether that’s eating better, exercising more or a combination of the two. For truckers, both of these things can be a struggle, but there are a few ways to fit easy exercises into your daily life and many go-to healthy snacks instead of fast food.
- Another popular resolution is making time for new hobbies or old interests you’ve forgotten about. The key to this resolution is setting aside a specific time to do these activities. If you want to read more, wake up 15-20 minutes earlier to enjoy a few pages before work or start listening to audiobooks while driving. If you want to learn a new language set aside a specific time of the week to teach yourself, or enroll in a course. There any many helpful apps for this, like Duolingo.
- Many people also resolve to be more efficient and organized in the new year. This can be as simple as getting a planner and sitting down to actually use it. If you’re always late or forgetting about appointments, this is a great tool.
- As a trucker, it can be difficult to get on a regular sleep schedule, so you could make a resolution to get more sleep and be more energized in 2018. There are many apps and techniques to help you get started with this goal.
- Another great resolution for truckers is to keep your truck clean. Set aside time every week to make sure things are in order and there isn’t any garbage lying around. A clean space will create a more positive environment, no matter where the road leads.
Improve your health and wellness as a trucker with these additional tips: