Load boards are an efficient and easy way to connect shippers with carriers (and vice versa). There are many benefits to using a freight load board. Here are the top seven reasons to use a load board:
1. Easy-to-use. Load boards typically display all the information you will need in a simple, easy-to-use table.
2. Up-to-date. Load boards contain some of the most up-to-date information on freight loads. Our load board is updated every five minutes.
3. Low cost (or free). Many load boards are inexpensive or free to use. To use a load board there isn’t a huge monetary investment required.
4. Convenient. Shippers and carriers can access the load board wherever there is Internet access.
5. Benefits shippers. Using a load board benefits shippers in several ways in a variety to situations, including:
- Shipper has overflow freight that needs to be moved.
- Shipper does not have a consistent group of carriers to choose from to move their freight.
6. Benefits carriers. Using a load board allows carriers to keep their trucks full. For example, a carrier may have delivered a load and now has an empty truck available. Instead of driving back with an empty truck or sitting idle, a carrier can use a load board to find a freight load that needs to be moved.
7. Easily accessible. Many load boards, like ours, are optimized for mobile use, so you can check it out on your phone while you are on the go, too.
These are just a few of the reasons to use a load board. To learn more about load boards check out these articles: